Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 08:59:38 -0800

On 2010-01-08, at 6:00 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>> it occurs to me that the field label "Notes" attracts the entry of notes
>>> that the clinician would make for his or herself, whereas I understand the
>>> intent of this field to hold additional clarifying instructions and/or
>>> caveats to the patient, and which should or can appear on the printout.
>>> I favour "Directions" … it is only one character longer than the
>>> currently-longest field label ("Substance")

> Done, despite lack of clarification.

Oops... must have inadvertently marked that email as having been "read" ...

>> Would "Directions" not bear the potential to be confused with
>> Plan/Regimen/Schedule ?

Confusion IMO would be more with "Plan/Regimen" and less with "Schedule" which,
in English, means mostly "when" to take it.

If the German word "Plan" lacks an implied date-time dimension, perhaps
changing *that* would be useful?

I am also thinking that in place of "Directions", "Advice" would be better.
Sorry to suggest / ask this change.

At the moment cannot even locate where I saw "Notes" given that the field label
(screenshot) shows "Comment" so maybe it was in the sample printout (plus maybe
in the tooltip). Can you check / assure it's the same next to the widget's
field, and in the tooltip, and in the source for the printout?

Which also -- source for the printout -- makes me ask whether (if it's in .tex
files) that puts it external to the language translation provided via the .po
system? Would that require individual per-language files in the cvs (or file
alterations post-installation)?

-- Jim Busser

PNG image