[Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:37:39 +0100

Hi all,

I was looking for the state of open source drug databases and came across a
supposedly open source drug database from e-md and Oscar's drug database.

Here are some pointers.

1) http://www.e-mds.com/solutions/drug_database/drugdb.html
2) http://www.oscarcanada.org/oscar-users/drugref

I remember drugref. There is a pdf of how it was supposed to work and I
believe there even was/is some usable code.

3) http://www.hl7.org.au/docs/ITOL/ITOL_drugref.org.pdf

I have a couple of questions for the list.

a) does anyone know the current status of the drugref code ?
b) is there an interface which GNUmed can use to talk to drugref ?
c) is Oscar's version of GNUmed available for use with GNUmed, what does it
involve ?

I contacted e-md to see what their take on their database is.

Best regards,
Sebastian