Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:30:28 +0100

> > > Do you need it working or a database dump.
> >
> > A live database would probably be more useful (I wouldn't need/want
> > the web service, just psql access to the database).
> >
> > Eventually we would want to access that anyway rather than getting
> > the data out of it and re-integrate it into GNUmed.
> >
> > I imagine it would be worthwhile to piggy-back on the OSCAR drugref
> > minus the web service.
>
> If it would be of any help I could set up tomcat and run the Update.jsp.
> That
> would fill the postgresql database and we could throw away the rest if we
> don't need it.

Or not throw it away but simply ignore it and access the database
directly. That would be of tremendous help, yes.

Jim did post about the data we are talking about here a few months back.
I think he also did write about it being Crown Copyright. We should
want to clarify the licensing status of it were we to make use of
it for GNUmed.

> However as you said the original drugref is something else. I guess little
> can
> be done about that unless the original developers pick it up again.

Surely so. I was just voicing what I believe to know. A pity, perhaps,
but alas, nothing to whine about instead of doing something.

NEU: Mit GMX DSL über 1000,- ¿ sparen!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02