Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OpenSource drug database
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:46:16 +0100

Am Samstag 13 Februar 2010 11:24:37 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> > > It'd be a *really* worthwhile thing to get the drugref
> > > database going on a machine to the database of which I could
> > > have access to to explore the structure.
> >
> > Do you need it working or a database dump.
>
> A live database would probably be more useful (I wouldn't need/want
> the web service, just psql access to the database).
>
> Eventually we would want to access that anyway rather than getting
> the data out of it and re-integrate it into GNUmed.
>
> I imagine it would be worthwhile to piggy-back on the OSCAR drugref
> minus the web service.

If it would be of any help I could set up tomcat and run the Update.jsp. That
would fill the postgresql database and we could throw away the rest if we
don't need it.

However as you said the original drugref is something else. I guess little can
be done about that unless the original developers pick it up again.

Sebastian