[Gnumed-devel] Re: French drug database in GNUmed

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: French drug database in GNUmed
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:42:57 +0100

Am Montag 15 Februar 2010 09:07:15 schrieben Sie:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick reply.

> For now I can :
> 1) help you to connect gnumed to FreeDiams (exchange file, command
> line, XML coded). FreeDiams is already connected to MedinTux
> software ; it is i18n (en/fr/de - es in progress). And works really
> fine with it. google-translate this page :
> http://ericmaeker.fr/FreeMedForms/di-manual/ligne_commandes.html

Thanks for the kind offer. Are you saying FreeDiams handles the data access
part and acts as a mediator between the database and Medintux ?

> 2) give you two free drugs database :
>    2.1) French :
> http://afssaps-prd.afssaps.fr/php/ecodex/telecharger/telecharger.php (16
> 000 drugs)
>    2.2) USA : http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ucm079750.htm
>    2.3) All these databases are developed by government agencies. They
> are reliable and regularly updated.

So I assume you have written some interface to talk to the two drug sources or
so you import the data in a special way.

> Actually FreeDiams uses SQLite for the drugs database access, dosage
> saving, templates saving, but I can work on a postgre translation...

I will forward that kind offer to the GNUmed mailing list. Have you heard of
drugref2 before ? From the standpoint of any EMR it would be really worthwhile
if a common interface could be developed that abstracts the underlying data
sources. I guess your work is a great step in that direction and I wonder how
much work it would be to work on something like drugref given your work.

I imagine something like that:

GNUmed

FreeDiams cmd line

drugref2

FDA data/DPD data/French data

> FreeDiams is developped with Qt4.6.1/C++ and works nativelly with Win,
> Mac, Linux, FreeBSD.

I see.

> FreeDiams is a part of the FreeMedForms project which is a free, open
> source, BSD licenced medical record manager. The project is 1.5 year
> old, FreeDiams 1.1 year old.

Who is working on FreeMedForms and how far is it advanced ? How is it
different from GNUmed (other then programming language)