Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: French drug database in GNUmed

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: French drug database in GNUmed
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:58:40 -0800

On 2010-02-26, at 1:27 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Only one command line parameter is currently specific to MedinTux ?

http://ericmaeker.fr/FreeMedForms/di-manual/ligne_commandes.html

Well, given there is some apparent value or purpose in passing a MedinTux user
parameter, I was thinking that if there was some usefulness of passing a GNUmed
user parameter then maybe this could for FD4 be rewritten

        emrUser

For

        gender

FD will apparently accept  'H' hermaphroditism although does this mean
- true hermaphrodite (rare to non-existent) or does it mean
- has ovary plus male genitalia or
- has testes plus female genitalia

and are (b) and (c) above intended to include sex reassignment surgery
patients? I do not recall what GNUmed uses for the specifics. I would only
wonder... does FD make a different "calculation" based on the value "H" (or
variant) or does the H serve a purpose to coax a pharmacist to get more
details? When we would pass "H" from the EMR raises the question if the patient
thinks this is no-one's business -- the user can be sure to print from a
template that does not include gender in the mask.

I am wondering whether in GNUmed we should store sex-reassigned patients as

        MM male
        FF female
        MF male to female
        FM female to male

this way the "social display" of what the patient likes to be "seen as" can be
taken from the right character but in certain circumstances (when in a praxis
of 5,000 there may be two or three such patients)
- the left character might still need to be used for disease screening
- the right character might be relevant to therapeutics
- the interaction of characters might identify patients at special risk