Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Mandriva - again

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap on Mandriva - again
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:21:59 +0100

> the bad:
>
> What does not work is passing
> --locale=UTF8 to intidb
>
> This will create a cluster with UTF-8 encoding but the bootstrap script
> complains because it is missing a dot somewhere.

Which is quite logical because "UTF8" is NOT a locale.

> I guess this is because
> collation and Ctype get set to UTF-8 instead of de_DE.UTF-8.

Which is entirely bogus.

LC_COLLATE="UTF8" doesn't have any sensible meaning. Just because
characters are *encoded* in utf8 does not give them any *order* -- which
is what LC_COLLATE is *about*.

> Is this something to fix (i.e not bail out on the missing dot ). If you
> need
> it I can produce a bootstrap log that will show the exact error.

Yes please.

> In any case make sure that the package postgresql-plpgsql is installed. If
> it
> is not installed the boostrap script will bail out because it cannot
> access a
> missing path. If you need a log for that I can create one.

Yes please.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser