Re: [Gnumed-devel] Poor Man's Vaccination Plan

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Poor Man's Vaccination Plan
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:02:17 +0200

> > In this screenshot I have added a second, combi-indication
> > vaccination event. Don't chide me because of the vaccination
> > date ;-)
>
> I lack a current installation of GNUmed but hope to get back to it in July
> but...
>
> ... how will one enter the indications which, in the case of REPEVAX, is
> for four conditions?

Well, when entering a vaccination you'd phrasewheel-select REPEVAX and
GNUmed knows the indications thereof :-)   (which, of course, requires
maintenance of vaccine to indication linking).

In case we don't know the vaccine the vaccination edit area allows
marking the indications that were vaccinated against. In which case
saving will create one vaccination event for each indication linked
to a fake, generic, single-indication vaccine maintained by GNUmed for
exactly that purpose.

> I am familiar that in GNUmed we often deploy a
> phrasewheel which is great for single values but how do we achieve
> consistency and
> ease of entry for indications? How would indications relate to the
> possibility of disease coding systems?

The indications table maintains relevant ATC codes per indication for
single-indication and combi-indication vaccines. It could maintain other
related codes (such as ICD 10) per indication -- which I have previously
asked the list for help with ... ;-)