Re: [Gnumed-devel] Update on Windows 7 (Vista ?) GNUmed compatibility

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Update on Windows 7 (Vista ?) GNUmed compatibility
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:37:42 -0300

2010/6/1 Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>
Am Dienstag 01 Juni 2010, 15:05:53 schrieb Rogerio Luz Coelho:

Hi,

> Ok here is where we are in the Windows 7 / Vista ? compatibility for
> GNUmed:
>

> 1) Updated prerequisites for e-genix, PIL, psycopg2 and wxpython2.8
> 2) Has to be installed by Administrator (or else the psycopg2 and
> wxpython2.8 fails to install)
> 3) Package seems good ... needs more testing (wasn´t able to connect to
> salaam free server, but will try again soon, will try to update the server
> prerequisites and do a local install today - tomorrow)

So you are saying that you have built packages ?

I built a client package for 0.7.4

> 4) Somewhere in the near future will try to make a Python2.6 install of
> GNUmed (it is dificult because there were some changes in the way Python is
> now packed so the PythonInstaller has to be reconfigured, and it is only in
> SVN for the Windows 2.6 for now) ...

We will wait until pyinstaller is able to handle python 2.6 properly. There is
no hurry.

Ok, or we could wait until Python 2.7 becomes stable it will be the lasta stable release in the 2.x series (will be up in mid June)

> 5) Somewhere in the future will try to do a 64bit based install (Python,
> psycopg2, wxpython2.8 have 64bits packages for Windows)

I believe it will packages whatever you give it. So that should not be too
hard.

Ok

> *** Thanks to Sebastian for giving me this chance, and the build
> enviroments.

No problem. We should now test the packages. You did produce 5 packages or so
?

Actually only 1 package the GNUmed-client ... seems all the dependencies are of Python and they don´t distinguish between the various flavours of Windows (from XP onwards)

> Rogerio
>
> PS: How do I push my package to somewhere others can test?

Use any upload service such as http://rapidshare.com/

Ok as far as I understand it I made an installer that seems to call on the install tree. How do I make a -frozen all included file?

Rogerio

Send me the link and I will place it on the GNUmed server in a special
directory. Once the packages are ok we will release them together as offical
packages.

Sebastian