Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?

From: Евгений Кузнецов
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:24:47 +0400

2010/6/17 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>:
> Would clinicians think it sufficient to relax this hard,
> database-level constraint to one and the same day or remove
> it alltogether ?

At least one clinician (myself, that is) definitely would.
Actually, from the clinical real-world POV the software may not allow
to enter data that's impossible (although in my particular area,
psychiatry, I can hardly think of a really impossible combination of
data), but definitely should allow to enter data that corresponds to
lack of knowledge/experience/sanity/clinical judgement etc. of the
doctor. Accurate medical mistakes recording is even more important
than that of correct practice.

Sincerely,
Evgeny Kuznetsov, M.D.