Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:33:16 -0700

On 2010-06-20, at 7:28 AM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> I second this idea, remove from DB any idea that the **project** will protect
> a doctor from being stupid. If you tell your patient to get 2 doses of the
> same vaccine the same day or 2 days of 15 days or 30 days a part ... and the
> recomended time interval is 90days, the PRACTIONER should be the culprit.
> There should be a place in GNUmed to RECORD the vaccine, but orientations on
> the individual time frame should be left to provider (or at the maximum the
> IT team) ...

It is the same as with guidelines... a guideline can list, and a decision
support system can be hooked-to and identify and recommend -- that a patient
should APPARENTLY not be managed in a certain way but needs to allow the entry
anyway since the ill-advised action could have already been done (and may need
to be recorded) or maybe the doctor actually knows some valid reason why the
rule does not apply. Maybe it was decided that an injection which was to have
been given intramuscularly was actually only given subcutaneously etc

-- Jim