Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] constraining vaccination input ?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:28:43 -0300

> At least one clinician (myself, that is) definitely would.
> Actually, from the clinical real-world POV the software may not allow
> to enter data that's impossible (although in my particular area,
> psychiatry, I can hardly think of a really impossible combination of
> data), but definitely should allow to enter data that corresponds to
> lack of knowledge/experience/sanity/clinical judgement etc. of the
> doctor. Accurate medical mistakes recording is even more important
> than that of correct practice.

I second this idea, remove from DB any idea that the **project** will protect a doctor from being stupid. If you tell your patient to get 2 doses of the same vaccine the same day or 2 days of 15 days or 30 days a part ... and the recomended time interval is 90days, the PRACTIONER should be the culprit. There should be a place in GNUmed to RECORD the vaccine, but orientations on the individual time frame should be left to provider (or at the maximum the IT team) ...

Rogerio