Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres 8.4.4-1 (Enterprise db) problems -- system h

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres 8.4.4-1 (Enterprise db) problems -- system hosed?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:45:33 -0700

On 2010-06-29, at 3:28 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Whoa. Hold it. First we need to find out what exactly the problem is Jim is
> referring to.

In the course of finding pg_hba.conf on my system, I located two copies:

from Enterprise db:

        /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_hba.conf

but -- also -- left over from before I upgraded my OS last September:

        /Library/PostgreSQL8/data/pg_hba.conf

... so, to rid myself of the old one, shall I I just do

        rm -r /Library/PostgreSQL8

or some other kind of uninstall of the old postgres?