Re: [Gnumed-devel] XML-RPC loading external patient

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] XML-RPC loading external patient
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 20:43:55 +0200

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 10:52:15AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Erratum: GNUmed can already do that.
> >
> > So two bits left:
> >
> > - name of source
> > - implement source file format
>
> Name of source: is the following suitable or is there any naming convention
> you would like to see established?
>
>       BC.CA MSVA Patient export format

Maybe:

a) a bit verbose
b) the user isn't really interested in "Patient export format"

See the screenshot to get a better idea of what this is
meant for GUI-wise. The leftmost column shows the source
string.

What's MSVA stand for ?  Would that be intuitive to a user
of said billing program ? If so I'd suggest "BC.CA MSVA". If
MSVA is rather generic I would suggest somehow hinting at
the name of the actual billing program. Unless MSVA *is* a
generic format used by several programs and you explicitely
want a generic source (which may not make sense if the
filename/location isn't standard).