Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - organizations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - organizations
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:26:13 -0700

I am mainly thinking that even while the field is helpful, it is not usual and
may be confusing. The english ambiguity (Direction, Directions) does not help.
I thought about Notes, but that might ambiguate with the lower-down "Comment"

How about

        Detail

which lets it be used (as would be done in other EMRs) as a flexible "Street 2".

There is potential mixed use of such a field within a single instance of
GNUmed, in some cases as a mailing detail (Post Office Box) and in other cases
to assist in-person visits. I suppose that would complicate the programming of
mailing labels.

-- Jim