Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - organizations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - organizations
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:38:26 +0100

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 04:29:07PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Number:  1202
> > Subunit: Building A
> > Street:  RR 4 N
> > Detail:  the postbox is behind a brush 20m into the driveway
> > Comment: do not drop letters for daughter, always deliver in-person
>
> Ah, it is intended mainly as a clarifier (disambiguator).

Yes, at the "street" level.

> Also, the disambiguation *could* be needed at the level of the number or
> unit, for example
>
> > Street:  RR 4 N
> > Caveat:  Apt C can only be accessed from rear of building
> > Subunit: Apartment C        Number:  1202
> > Comment: do not drop letters for daughter, always deliver in-person

The intent is to record this as:

Street      :  RR 4 N
Caveat/Notes:  go down the driveway ~100m, its behind the small forest
Number      :  1202             Subunit: Apartment C (rear of building)
Comment     :  do not drop letters for daughter, always deliver in-person

"Subunit" is of type text.

Again, the intent is to put "caveat/notes" onto mailing
labels just like a "street 2" as opposed to the "comment".

I guess I will just leave it here below "Street" and call it
"Notes".