Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Unhandled exceptions emails don't show up at gnum

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Unhandled exceptions emails don't show up at gnumed-bugs
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:35:20 -0800

It did not seem to me that both options were required. See

        Port 25 Block will NOT affect you if:
        • You use Shaw's Email Servers to send email

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/InternetSupport/Residential/Email/ServiceDetails.htm

So is there a way I can use my ISP (Shaw's) Email Servers to send email?

Otherwise can we make easier for the user to route the attachment through
whatever email account they may already have available on the machine that is
using GNUmed? Something like mailto's

        thunderbird -compose
"mailto:address@hidden@provider&subject=hi&body=something";

except I understand that mailto does not support attachments...  so maybe like

        thunderbird -compose
"to='address@hidden,address@hidden',cc='address@hidden',subject='dinner',body='How
 about dinner tonight?',attachment='C:\temp\info.doc,C:\temp\food.doc,' (use
attachment="file:///C:/temp/food.doc" for Thunderbird 2.0)

Is the following related?

http://forums.devshed.com/beginner-programming-16/using-mailto-with-an-attachment-66699.html