Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed substance schema was Re: GNUmed and FreeDi

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed substance schema was Re: GNUmed and FreeDiams
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 07:00:48 -0800

On 2011-01-05, at 6:10 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> On selection of such a value, can the "strength" portion auto-populate the
>> "strength" portion of the widget?
>
> There is no way for the user the enter a strength when entering
> a substance intake. They can select existing subst/strength only.

You mean, select from *any* strength that exists for *any* substance, or only
for the already-selected substance?

> The user does not select a brand but a drug component which is then
> exclusive to selecting a substance.

I lack sufficient records in my table to observe / understand. Currently
"Brand" is the first field in the widget. On focus, is the user being presented
a list of brands?

If the Brand is a combo drug, I cannot see that the widget supports to display
the multiple substances within the Brand. Does the widget display only one
component, disallowing the alteration of strength (because it should have
presumably been uniquely defined via link to the substance) and then the
inputted data gets "cloned" onto each of 2…n other components?