[Gnumed-devel] Re: status update

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: status update
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:57:02 +0100

On Saturday 12 February 2011 13:06:59 you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would request you to have a look at software softamed available from
> www.softamed.com
> it has major limitation as it is not 'network ready"

That is a huge difference (more below)

> but I have not
> seen such a easier installation/interface.

Not nework almost always means easier installation.

> Moreover it also allows
> autocomplete and creating templates for prescription.

Autocomplete is implemented in GNumed as well (phrase wheels). For every
feature you miss I encourage you to file a wishlist bug so we can track those.

I will have a look.

> Gnumed is a great effort! But few things are desperately needed
>
> 1. Easier installation

Please explain a little bit more. We are always looking for ways to make the
installation easier but there is a tradeoff between easy and stable.

Remember. GNUmed needs to be stable, secure and maintainable on Windows, Linux
and MacOSX. There is no other software which I know of which has an easier way
to install and works like GNUmed.

In the future we might offer pre installed systems. We are always looking for
tips how you think or feel any step could be easier.

Many installation problems are not GNUmed specific at all. Installation of
databases etc. is professional stuff like we are medical professionals.

That means to be reliable, secure and maintainable we currently have no way to
make this installable by anyone not having (yet) sufficient computer skills.

> 2. Search option. Setting sql query is for software professionals, not
> for doctors

absolutely. this will get better over time.

> 3. I tried gnumed live also. It also produce errors.

which gnumed live and from where ?

> 4. Easier template creation for doctors

For the moment there is no easy way to do this in a way so it works in
Windows,Linux and Mac. Over time when you start producing templates we will
hopefully see more howto documentation. You can help by trying and reporting
your problems.

> eg
> In India, we have this kind of prescription for opd patient
>

> Letter header of doctor/ hospital
> -------------------------------- Patient's demography
>          date time
>
> Clinical details
> A (Diagnosis)
>
> relevant investigation results on which diagnosis is based
>
> Rx
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
>
> Diet advised/restricted
> Drugs to be avoided
>
>              Sign
> ------------------------------------------ Creating this template will
> require significant effort with gnumed. It was very simple with softamed.
>
> I think, we need to simplify gnumed!

:-) I will look at softamed but we are not aware of an easy way to create
these templates. We have to rely on Latex and unless there is something like a
template creator for latex manual work is needed.

I encourage you to try to produce this as a template for GNUmed. If you have
*any* problem (where to find what and how to do what) let us know so we can
guide you step by step.

Thanks a lot for your feedback which allows us to make GNUmed even more
userfriendly.

> > --
> > Dr Vaibhav S Banait
> > MD (Med), DNB (Med),