[Gnumed-devel] Re: Fwd: gnumed 0.9 rc - testing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Fwd: gnumed 0.9 rc - testing
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:59:02 +0100

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 01:45:23PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> medication management
> -----------------------------------
>
> trying to add medication brings up a dialog which ask for e.g.a component,
> hitting the plus sign brings up a list which includes items that cannot be
> selected (looks like vaccines) while tables can be selected (maybe filter non
> selectables ?)

Ah, ok, that can be a bit confusing at first.

Within that field you select one *component* of a drug (even
with multi-component drugs). The reason being that further
down you can set attributes which relate to this component
only (and not other components of a multi-component drug).

The [+] buttons merely provides a shortcut into branded
drugs management (as the tooltip tersely says). It does not
at all set the component field. It only enables adding
branded drugs whose components can, in turn, be selected
from within the component field.

> feature request : add a button 'discontinue' to stop a medication in the list
> as it is a very frequent task (at least for me)

This would all but raise the substance intake edit area by
means of a second button - is that what you want ?

Or else how would you set the discontinuation date (and,
optionally, reason) ?

We could, however, add a [Discontinue] button which offers a
selection among

        [per plan]
        [today]
        [allergy/intolerance]

and remove the [Allergy] button from the plugin again.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de