[Gnumed-devel] simpler way to create abbr expansion

From: vbanait
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] simpler way to create abbr expansion
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:10:37 +0530

HI
I am impressed with the availability of abbr expander as a built in function in gnumed, I was using a  small macro program autohotkey for the same. Is it possible to edit abbreviation on a text file and then import it in gnumed

I would clarify here
I have a text file which has many text expansions that i use.
::vsb:: vaibhav banait
::address@hidden:: irritable bowel syndrome
::address@hidden:: Diarrhoea predominant irritable bowel syndrome
::address@hidden:: Patient presented with history of diarrhoea with stool frequency of ----per day. Patient reported that the consistancy of feces was normal and he never saw bood in it. He further elaborate that he was never disturbed in sleep due to diarrhea.
::address@hidden:: Patient had poorly defined abdominal pain/ discomfort which is better with defecation. Pain never disturbed patient when he is asleep.

....so forth.

I simply use these abbr to expand to a complete history, examination, assessment and even treatment.
To individually put them into gnumed text expansion will require considerable efforts. Is it possible to import or at least type them on single text file which can be put in subdirectory to allow it to be used inside gnumed

vaibhav
Vaibhav S Banait
MD (Med), DNB (Med),
DM (Gastroenterology),