Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: simpler way to create abbr expansion

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: simpler way to create abbr expansion
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:34:43 +0200

Am Montag, 28. März 2011, 19:43:15 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> > > So do I. That's why we plan on offering such lists as
> > > downloadable data packs from which users can choose.
> >
> > We need to think of an insfrastructure and at the same time try to avoid
> > inventing our own clever solutions.
> >
> > Packaging as deb or rpm is an option but may limit the userbase.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> We'll do it like any of the antivirus solutions do it.

And that is how ?

Requirements:

Work across distributions
Easy download and deployment

One rough idea could be a plugin which grabs available data packages off the
net (hosted in a repository), matches target GNUmed versions and lets the user
'install the package'

What types of extensions are there ?

additional plugins
additional data packages
additional forms and templates
additional data packages such as abbreviations

I wonder if all can be handled the same way.

Sebastian