Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Ubuntu is working....

From: Tonatiuh de San Julián
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Ubuntu is working....
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:32:29 +0200

Hello Karsten!
I can't make it work,

> Version 1 (will only work if the script gm-set_gm-dbo_password is installed):
>
>        # become root (this will ask for *your* password, not the root
> password):
>        $> sudo su -
>        # run the script:
>        $> gm-set_gm-dbo_password <your-new-password-for-gm-dbo>

It seems that is not installed

> Version 2:
>
>        # become user "postgres":
>        # (this will ask for *your* password (not the root password)
>        $> sudo su - postgres
>        # check that you are postgres now:
>        $> id
>        # log into PostgreSQL:
>        $> psql
>        # change the password of gm-dbo:
>        postgres=# ALTER ROLE "gm-dbo" ENCRYPTED PASSWORD
> 'your-new-password-for-gm-dbo';
>        postgres=# \q
>        $> exit

I don't know why is not working...
Tell me if this is ok: (enter inside of postgres=#)

ALTER ROLE "gm-dbo" ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 123undostres

123undostres is the password in this case, or it has to be '123undostres'

After exit do I have to restart postresql?

I try everything... but no luck

A question if I may, Is there the same way to add users like doctors
and patients?
I was trying to add a doctor, but because I don't have yet the gm-dbo
password, gnumed make a patient.

In the case a doctor make a patient, is there a way to enter
confidential data that only that doctor can access?

I hope I was smart... sorry for the inconvenience.

Tonatiuh