Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Ubuntu is working....

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed in Ubuntu is working....
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:55:47 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 03:49:16PM +0200, Tonatiuh de San Juli�n wrote:

> Hello and thanks again, I think it is working now!!!!!

:-)

> But, I can't create new users. I think it is because I don't have the
> password of the gm-dbo of my system.

Very likely, yes.

> So the question is:
> I need that password?

Yes. By default we recommend setting it to "gm-dbo" and
change it later.

You did set it the very first time GNUmed asked you for it
during bootstrapping. But it is likely you don't remember :-)

> Can I change that?

Yes.

Version 1 (will only work if the script gm-set_gm-dbo_password is installed):

        # become root (this will ask for *your* password, not the root
password):
        $> sudo su -
        # run the script:
        $> gm-set_gm-dbo_password <your-new-password-for-gm-dbo>

Version 2:

        # become user "postgres":
        # (this will ask for *your* password (not the root password)
        $> sudo su - postgres
        # check that you are postgres now:
        $> id
        # log into PostgreSQL:
        $> psql
        # change the password of gm-dbo:
        postgres=# ALTER ROLE "gm-dbo" ENCRYPTED PASSWORD
'your-new-password-for-gm-dbo';
        postgres=# \q
        $> exit

> How I create if not new users and patients?

You MUST know the gm-dbo password.

> How I delete the default data that I don't need?

At the moment you cannot (from within the client). You can,
however, *disable* those records that you do not want to see
(under the Person menu). They will then not be included with
patient searches.

We do provide a script to fully delete persons from the
database but that script currently has a bug we are working
on.

> And if you can help me, I need to show to my class the benefits of
> using an EMR, and of course free software in this case, so if you can
> tell me shortly what do think, so I start building my presentation.

You would think about what you do when a patient comes to
visit you. What would you document. Then show how to enter
that into GNUmed. Enter maybe two different visits. Then,
during your presentation, show how to enter a third visit
and how you can view the previous visits.

> I'm very happy that you help me, so if I can help with the translation
> (I think it is a bit wrong some times or not complete) tell me how.

If you go here there's everything you need:

        https://translations.launchpad.net/gnumed/trunk/+pots/gnumed

Let us know about your progress !

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de