Re: [Gnumed-devel] printing on Windows

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] printing on Windows
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:49:06 +1000

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:11:48 +0200
Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> More bits on printing on Windows.
>
> Most documents in GNUmed seem to be avaiable as pdf before they are
> being printed.
>
> I believe we cannot rely on Adobe Reader being installed so we need
> to find another way.

someone asked a parallel question on another list
following suggestions appeared
============
1) Post the invoice
2) Click the Print Button
3) Click the Print Preview Button
4) Save the preview as a (pdf) file.
===============
I like Bullzip PDF Printer under Windows. Free and unobtrusive.

Another good PDF printer for Windoze is CutePDF.  Don't be mislead by
the cheap looking name, it works very well.
I use the free Nitro PDF Creator from
http://www.nitropdf.com/free/index.htm to create pdf's in Win7 -
installs as just another printer and you can select to print to it just
like any other printer and it will create a pdf for you on demand.