Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social network� not yet implemented?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social network… not yet implemented?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:47:17 +0200

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 05:38:37PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Presently, if I type into the input area to the right of
> "Emergency contact, the text is not saved.

It will only save its content if an actual person from the
database has been selected within it.

> Is the" intended to support a phrasewheel? Can this be the
> same phrasewheel as is used in the patient search field?

It is :-)    (also note the tooltip)

> if the person is not found, can the user be given the
> option to create a new person in GNUmed?

It does.

... thinks ...

Oh, you need to press <enter> after typing something. It
works just like the patient search control in the top panel.

> Should person deletion in GNUmed be updated,

Oh, but GNUmed (as "inside the GUI") does not *have* person
deletion ?

> so as to not permit deletion (violation of referential integrity)

Oh, that can't happen or else it wouldn't *be* referential
integrity. That's exactly what the database is for.

        dem.identity.fk_emergency_contact

is a foreign key to

        dem.identity.pk

with

        ON UPDATE CASCADE
        ON DELETE RESTRICT

;-)

> when the person is linked in this kind of way, to another person?

Further:

> Is the unlabelled area below the emergency contact
> intended to hold other-person identity information without
> creating the person?

The tooltip of that could be worded more concisely, I
suppose. It serves as a free-text area for "other" emergency
contact information. After all, the last thing one needs
when capturing emergency contact details is artificial
constraints. Hence enter anything you'd like here and it'll
be presented to you in certain places (such as the patient
search control tooltip ;-)  where GNUmed deems it
appropriate.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de