[Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social network … not yet implemented?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social network … not yet implemented?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:38:37 -0700

I have shrunk the screen to better show the screenshot.

Presently, if I type into the input area to the right of "Emergency contact,
the text is not saved.

Is the" intended to support a phrasewheel? Can this be the same phrasewheel as
is used in the patient search field? if the person is not found, can the user
be given the option to create a new person in GNUmed?

Should person deletion in GNUmed be updated, so as to not permit deletion
(violation of referential integrity) when the person is linked in this kind of
way, to another person?

Is the unlabelled area below the emergency contact intended to hold
other-person identity information without creating the person?

What about Primary doctor? Will doctors exist as persons in GNUmed? We know
that the answer for doctor-users within the praxis, the answer will be yes,
however in my province of British Columbia we have > 10,000 doctors so I am not
sure whether they should all be created in the persons table. But maybe they
should?

One of the practical considerations to keep in mind is when a related data file
(as describes these 10,000 + doctors) update becomes available. If these
doctors exist as persons, then it should be desirable to be able to isolate
which of these persons' addresses and phone numbers (their office praxis
numbers) should be updated, without deleting their home numbers or their
unpublished back-office line previously disclosed to us and recorded in GNUmed
and which we phone to make referrals.

-- Jim

PNG image