Re: [Gnumed-devel] write document failure on windows

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] write document failure on windows
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 19:38:21 +0200

Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2011, 15:59:00 schrieb LuisCapriles:

Hi,

> I was having the same problem:  while trying to print, the gm-print_doc.bat
> was missing...  So after researching the forum I came with this temporary
> fix:
>
> 1)Make a gm-print_doc.bat that is in the your PATH.  In my case, I put the
> file in C:\
> 2)The commans in the file are:
>
> echo %1
> "C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /T %2
> exit 0

Good example. The path to AcroRd32.exe is different in almost any language.

One way to do this would be have the GNUmed installer look for it in the
Windows registry and edit the gm-print_doc.bat during installation to put in
the correct path.

But this will not be neccessary I think with GNUmed 0.9+1. So before putting
this into the installer I will wait for GNUmed 0.9+1

> 3)Here, 'Archivos de programa' is the spanish for 'Program files'.  Take
> care of supply the actual path to AcroRd32.exe.  The /T switch prints the
> file on the default printer and then closes Acrobat...
> 4)You need Acrobat Reader installed!!!
> 5)You need some TeX sw!!!  I installed MiKTeX after a suggestion of Karsten
> Hilbert :)
>
> This is working for me for menu Correspondence->Write Letter and selecting
> LaTeX type...
>
> BUT, I am getting letters in german!!!!  Is there a way to get the
> translation??

can you show an example ? The latex template most likely has German text.
Later on there will be multiple latex templates for many languages.

Thanks for showing that it works in principle

Sebastian