Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding in the SOAP notes plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding in the SOAP notes plugin
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 01:03:14 +0200

> More specifically:
>
> - shall we assume most users will wish the Codes fields to be included or
> excluded from the tabbing order?

Included. It takes milliseconds to press <TAB>.

> - what will happen on setting focus inside a Codes field?

Nothing (besides the cursor blinking and the font to be turned up one
point), like in any other phrasewheel.

>       press down cursor and phrasewheel opens?

Yes, the dropdown is shown.

>       type > 2 letters and phrasewheel can be opened?

The dropdown will open after, what, 300ms.

>       if more than one codeset exists, how to select between ?

Not.

>      & among ?

Simply select the code(s) you are interested in. While the phrasewheel
allows to (programmatically) be constrained to certain coding systems
and/or languages it isn't by default.

>       how to
>       - enter a 2nd, 3rd code within the Codes field
>       - select / edit / delete a 2nd, 3rd code

Codes within the phrasewheel are separated by ";".

> - will entered codes "float" into future notelets for the same episode
> (and even new episodes under the same health issue, e.g diabetes)

Depends on which codes you mean. Codes are attached to whatever you
attach them to. They stay attached to that. If you attach codes to
the health issue or to an episode they stay attached to that across
episodes, sure.

The "problem summary" area could show codes attached to the episode/
issue.

> Or will entered codes only ever exist in relation to the
> particular row against which they were entered?

Yes.