Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed billing 2011 - thread 2

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed billing 2011 - thread 2
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 15:54:10 -0700

On 2011-05-20, at 12:33 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> On 2011-05-20, at 8:25 AM, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> This weekend I am likely able to start capturing onto a wiki page. Note the
>> decision to use "likely" not could / should / would. :-)
>
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BillingFirstIteration

Where it says

        -- parties involved
        fk_identity foreign key (dem.identity.pk)
        fk_provider foreign key (dem.staff.pk)
        bill_to text

can I expect a staff other than the doctor could be allowed to input the
billable item for the doctor (if the praxis chose to allow that staff
permissions once we achieved that level of granularity)?

IOW the default for

        fk_provider foreign key (dem.staff.pk)

could be the current user, but the current user could change the *designation*
of which provider the billing is supposed to appear under. This permits the
current user to be the documenter of the clinical note, and even as the creator
of this billing record, it is just that they may not be the individual getting
paid. Maybe they are a locum tenens filling in and they are getting paid
directly by the doctor or the clinic, and maybe the revenue is supposed to come
to the doctor who is a part-owner of the praxis.

-- Jim