Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:28:09 +0200

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011, 22:31:47 schrieb Jim Busser:
> On 2011-06-28, at 12:51 PM, Slappinjohn wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Currently I'm writing a little tool for importing icd10 codes supplied
> > by health department or WHO into a database. Finally it should end up in
> > a little code-search-plugin for gnumed.
> >
> > For not rewriting it for every country I just wanna know how these data
> > are supplied in your country.
> >
> > In Germany we can choose between plain text ASCII (not very usable,
> > because not well formated) and an xml-like ClaML (Classification Markup
> > Language, maybe this is kind of a standard?)
> >
> > If there should be a solution that fits every needs it would be best, so
> > let me know
> >
> > Greets,
> >
> > Marc
>
> I am not clear what
>
>       the form in which it is supplied in a country
>
> has to do with
>
>       a solution that fits every needs
>
> ??
>
> Is it a case where the GNUmed project might have access to different
> sources, where it may be helpful to pull down (at different times, from
> different countries) different sources in order to be able to most
> flexibly create an update if one source goes offline or becomes
> unavailable?

The way I understood the question is that Marc is lookin for the format that
is mostly widley used across countries. I would assume he would then look into
writing an importer based on that format because then he does not have to
write an importer for each format. Othere formats can be converted into the
most widely used format.

Whatever he meant. The original questions remains.

In you country (e.g. Canada). What format is it that ICD-10 data is supplied ?

Sebastian