Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:17:26 -0700

Presently when I add the test type

        Creatinine

and I do not input a lab, selection of this test when adding an actual
measurement to a patient displays

        Creatinine (in-house lab)

when it is no such thing. While it is true that when creating a test type like
"blood pressure" one would omit inputting a "Lab" and in this case one might be
tempted to interpret

        Blood pressure (in-house lab)

I am not sure if this is meaningful… perhaps if the office used an automated
device, then the device model could be the "lab" as distinct from Leonard McCoy
or Julian Bashir manually taking it.

However getting back to my example of Creatinine…

… is it intended that I should have to create a new test type for each of the
several different laboratories that offer this test? :-(

-- Jim