Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:57:10 -0700

On 2011-06-24, at 7:28 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 09:27:17PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Also, I notice that the measurement that is abbreviated as "RR" could be any
>> of
>>
>>      "respiratory rate"
>>      "blood pressure measured with a specific sphygmomanometer"
>>      "relative risk"
>>
>>      BP
>>
>>      RR
>
> All this is up to the local installation.
>
> Karsten

The problem with 0.9.7 seems to be that renaming clin.test_type.abbrev

        RR --> BP

has no effect in the GUI because the phrasewheel seems to parse not 'abbrev'
but the column 'code' which in this case remains untouched ('RR' … see
screenshots)

Also, new measurements result in null values for

        code, coding_system

How shall these better be handled?

-- Jim

PNG image