Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:53:44 -0700

On 2011-08-29, at 11:55 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 03:58:32PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Should
>>
>>      [pack <name_foo>]
>>      name = foo
>>      URL = http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/foo
>>      minimum database version = 0
>>      maximum database version = 0
>>
>> gain
>>
>>      description = something_to_inform_the_user?
>
> That "name =" already informs the user.
>
>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf
>
> Karsten

I am working on refactoring the freely-available HC DPD (Canadian) data into
GNUmed.

I should maybe not be surprised at the number of steps required to get this
stuff right!

When I am further through it, I expect I will have a mix of some shell commands
and sql and I will wonder whether (if it is desirable to have such
installations logged in GNUmed) there could be a skeletal script or script set
(shell / python / sql) made available, and which can help to achieve the
desired consistency by, say, allowing pack-specific code to be inserted?

-- Jim