Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 16:46:57 -0700

On 2011-08-29, at 12:40 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 07:17:49AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Currently the rc1.0 menu option will display an empty list
>> of data packs, despite that the default lookup file
>>
>>      http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf
>>
>> as listed in
>>
>>      [...]/client/wxpython/gmDataPackWidgets.py
>>
>> does reference .zip files already living in
>>
>>      http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/test/
>>
>> so I am wondering why they do not appear.
>
> Observe the minimum/maximum database version ;-)
>
>> Also, since it is possible that the site gnumed.de could
>> at various times be unavailable, what shall be the alternate
>> (local) location of a
>>
>>      data-packs.conf
>>
>> ??
>
> This is configurable:
>
>       dpl_url = dbcfg.get2 (
>               option = u'horstspace.data_packs.url',
>               workplace = gmSurgery.gmCurrentPractice().active_workplace,
>               bias = 'workplace',
>               default = u'http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/data-packs.conf'
>       )
>
> Except I forgot to make that config item
> accessible... Thanks for reminding. Will be
> fixed.

If the plan is to make this configurable via GUI (depending on authenticating
as gm-dbo) :

1) would the new value replace the 'default' or would it work like an
(additional) Debian sources or Ubuntu PPA?

2) is the 'fix' to consist of a GUI-accessible menu / submenu value which maybe
I missed or did not yet get added, or is a local admin intended to alter a raw
string in one of

        client/doc/api/Gnumed.wxpython.gmDataPackWidgets-pysrc.html
or
        client/wxpython/gmDataPackWidgets.py

-- Jim