Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccine indications: values in clin.vacc_indication

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vaccine indications: values in clin.vacc_indication
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:36:07 -0700

On 2011-09-15, at 4:25 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 05:37:21PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> UPDATE clin.vacc_indication
>> SET description = 'influenza (seasonal, not Haemophilus)'
>
> Is that not a tautology ?
>
>       -> God (Allah, not Shiva)
>
> Or are we making extra sure ?
>
>> WHERE description = 'influenza (seasonal)';

It is true that 'seasonal' is a hint which is normally sufficient that the
above is unintended to include or refer to Haemophilus.

I am only mindful that when one is tired or has their attention split whether
by a crying child or interruptive knock at the door, the explicit

        not <potentially-confused value existing in same table>

may be reasonable.

-- Jim