Re: [Gnumed-devel] Address entry - workflow

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Address entry - workflow
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:08:22 -0700

On 2011-09-19, at 1:54 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> The current coding
>>
>> 1) requires an address to be created and
>
> No it does not.
>
> The apparent enforcement is simply fallout from setting a
> default region and/or country.

Thanks for the catch, it had not made sense to me that an address would have
been required by design. Mine was a phenotypic, not genotypic, report :-)

On a different, pending question of the address entry workflow, are you 'cold'
or 'warming' to replacing the label

with

        like

because in the case of all the other labels

        Postal code
        Street

these label the *content* that is to be inputted whereas the existing label

is an instructional verb as to what is to be done (or achieved). In other
software, such a thing would be implemented as ghost text *inside* the field
such as

        <Input here text to search for>

(which guidance GNUmed achieves instead as contextual tooltips) whereas

        like

would better fit with the context of address creation inputs, where the user
optionally inputs

        like    ---> the string being inputted

-- Jim