Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder $<allergy_state>$ returning *does* (or *d

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder $<allergy_state>$ returning *does* (or *does not*) have allergies:
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 06:57:14 -0700

On 2011-10-06, at 2:31 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> By the way, unless the allergy information was updated at the same time as
>> the EMR printout is created, one cannot anyway say
>>
>>      does not
>>
>> one can only say
>>
>>      did not
>
> While intrinsically true still irrelevant because nowhere in
> the code do we claim any such thing unless I missed it.

'Does' is present tense. The result is a miscommunication.

        The patient is alive

        (when I last checked a few days ago).

but in any event, the bigger point is the advantage in allowing the user to
contextualize the information in the report. The ability to do so would help
clarity and the value of clarity cannot be overstated.

-- Jim