Re: [Gnumed-devel] Editing progress notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Editing progress notes
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:02:34 +0200

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 06:54:40AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> When signing in as another user, the EMR tree seems to
> >> refuse to show another user (despite that they have full
> >> doctor status, as staff) the narrative rows in the editor.
> >>
> >> The widget will show only the rows created by that user.
> >
> > That is intentional.
>
> Therefore if the clinician who enters a wrong diagnosis
> becomes unavailable, there is no way

Wrong (it can be edited at the SQL level).

> for a colleague to correct it ?

Right.

> This is not something that should be fixable solely by
> gm-dbo who will not be properly captured in a clinical
> flow.

I disagree but I am not adverse to making it a "priviledged"
operation (meaning requiring gm-dbo access rights) at the
GUI level for which a wishlist item can be created.

I do NOT think people should be able to manipulate each
other's SOAP notes even before auditing sets in. If they
disagree they should compose their own progress note
relating to what they disagree with.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de