[Gnumed-devel] Future encounters

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Future encounters
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:12:14 +0000

Presently, it is possible in GNUmed to do

        EMR > Create new encounter

which adopts the default type yet is able to be considered (check-marked)

        'empty'

What criteria currently determine whether an encounter is 'empty'? I tried
string searching in the code for 'Empty' and while I traced this back to

        gmEMRStructWidgets.py
        gmGuiMain.py

I could not figure out how to trace the data columns (or interpreted values)
that determine the value of 'empty'.

Suppose someone creates an encounter into the future, setting its clin_when to
a future date and time and inputting the Encounter type. This could be away of
inputting future appointments for care in the praxis. I am looking to
understand how this will get handled, and what will be the downsides of trying
to use it in such a way.

Maybe it is not a good idea… I only am not sure. Would inputting the future
date make it non-empty? What about altering the type from the default value?
What about inputting a Purpose?

-- Jim