Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 17:01:38 +0000

On 2011-11-16, at 6:42 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> … even if we would henceforth no longer pre-load (bootstrap) GNUmed with
>> every known province / state for every known country,
>
> I don't think we should change any of that.

Um… what, then will be the value of my having split out the SQL for each
country in

        gmCountryZones.sql

and nearly done data packing them all, unless the value is:

1. Pre-load for the benefits of demo, and evaluation. Where it turns out (in
any praxis) that cities and province / states from non-needed countries are
frustrating their users' selections (on account of duplicating city and state
abbreviations) then praxis IT or a special data pack could remove all dem
records that are not in use. Desired countries could then be selectively added.

2. Establishing a mechanism to make available street / city preloads (which
presently we have only for AU and BR and … ??)

??

-- Jim