Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:32:49 +0100

    { 'Popular Nova', 'Corumbá' }
    { 'Cavaleiros' , 'Macaé' }
    { 'Jardim Independência III' , 'Sarandi' }

then values in i18n.translations would allow street

    Popular Nova

to be created with reference to the city Corumba and street

    Cavaleiros

to be created with reference to the city Macae.

-> Values in i18n.translations do not play a role in
   whether such references can be created ?

Notice, however that city 'Sarandi' has no accents. What it means is that even
if 'Sarandi' had been added to i18n.keys, there will be nothing in
i18n.translations

-> Indeed.

 *unless* a translation had already been created for it, in spite of no accents:

        select i18n.upd_tx('pt_BR', 'Sarandi', 'Sarandi');

-> Correct but I fail to see the significance of this
   excercise (which isn't possible AFAIR since upd_tx()
   cross-checks orig and trans.

Is that a reasonable approach, to populate i18n.translations with values where

    orig = trans

-> no (and it isn't possible, technically)

Karsten

PS: In case you are wondering why my replies are formatted so strangely:
    my online mail portal (www.gmx.de) stopped properly including your
    mails when hitting "Reply" so I have to resort to copy/paste.