Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Country zones and i18n
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:35:50 +0100

On 2011-11-16, at 6:42 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> … even if we would henceforth no longer pre-load (bootstrap) GNUmed with
>> every known province / state for every known country,
>
> I don't think we should change any of that.

Um… what, then will be the value of my having split out the SQL for each
country in

    gmCountryZones.sql

and nearly done data packing them all,

-> ease fixup of things like what happened to your database
-> establish convenient consistency in supplying per-locale
   demographics data

1. Pre-load for the benefits of demo, and evaluation. Where it turns out (in
any praxis) that cities and province / states from non-needed countries are
frustrating their users' selections (on account of duplicating city and state
abbreviations) then praxis IT or a special data pack could remove all dem
records that are not in use.

-> That would IMO be a worthwhile data pack, yes.

Desired countries could then be selectively added.

-> For which your abovementioned started data pack would
   be helpful.

2. Establishing a mechanism to make available street / city preloads (which
presently we have only for AU and BR and … ??)

-> yes, see my points above.