Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:21:13 +0000

>> http://wiki.gnumed.de/twiki/pub/Gnumed/PatientSummary/Patient_Overview.png
>
> I like the addition of specifications as to what to list in
> which order inside the list fields dummies.

It now suggests limited coloration:

- a very light shade, to give emphasis to information
- a medium shade, to give emphasis to unsigned information

It is true that some information may require action, however a need for action
should get captured some other way, likely at the time the decision was made to
sign a piece of information, and I do not see how we can reliably compute
different severities (intensities) of required colouration depending on the
seriousness of an abnormality. That is more something that a (separate)
clinical decision system could inform.

So I would be interested to have anything computable or definable as 'abnormal'
to be lightly highlighted for information

        - tests or documents signed clinically relevant or technically abnormal
        - status as being in hospital (or actually any location other than
'usual' if that is computable)

and unsigned things highlighted as needing action

and stop there ?

-- Jim