Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 03:54:43 +0000

On 2011-11-17, at 2:21 AM, Jim Busser wrote:

> It now suggests limited coloration:
>
> - a very light shade, to give emphasis to information
> - a medium shade, to give emphasis to unsigned information

GNUmed could benefit from a default (but modifiable) set of stored settings for
color selection and intensity to …

        give emphasis to certain kinds of information

and

        give higher-intensity emphasis to unsigned information

which I suggest would fit under

        GNUmed > Preferences > User interface >

maybe termed

        Information colourization using GNUmed colourizers

and configurable, I gather, using wxWidgets'

        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_wxcolourdatabase.html#wxcolourdatabase

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_commondialogsoverview.html#wxcolourdialogoverview
        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_wxcolourpickerevent.html
        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_wxdc.html#wxdcsetbackgroundmode
        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_wxdc.html#wxdcgetbackgroundmode
        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_wxdc.html#wxdcsettextbackground

 wxColourDialog which AFAICT GNUmed did not yet use…

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/0131473816/downloads/0131473816_book.pdf
also
        http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8/wx_samples.html (see Image Sample)

What I am not yet sure about is:

1) is it reasonable that colourizer settings be selectable per-clinician within
the praxis?

2) on what basis and via what method should the developers pre-determine, or
should the users themselves configure, what gets highlighted?

The easy-to define configurations are those which are binary:

        measurements that are not signed by any clinician

        measurements that have not been signed by the in-praxis primary

        measurements whose numeric value is outside a bounding range
                or which have been tagged within the praxis as abnormal
                or maybe are outside a praxis-defined per-patient target per
test

        same as above, for documents

        (after GNUmed supports the storage of requests:
                measurements that have not been signed
                by the clinician who (last) signed the request)

The only other possibly easy-to-define items might include:

        record of hospitalization where the discharge date is null

-- Jim