Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed access permissions

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed access permissions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:46:42 +0000

On 2012-06-18, at 8:04 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I have pushed code into gitorious.org which implements a
> non-clinical staff account.
>
> Please download, create a gnumed_v18 database, login with
> "any-staff" (password "any-staff") and report problems.

A few observations:

- it remains possible to (seem to) access items from the EMR > Add / Edit menu,
this issues a prompt and warns the user that they have no access to the item,
which the user can dismiss and then "see" a blank list. The uneducated user may
incorrectly believe that there are no previous entries, for example that the
patient had had no previous hospitalizations and no previous encounters.

--> I don't imagine that in the case of the disallowed access, after the
message display (denial of access) GNUmed can be coded to return the user to
the GUI main level *without* the display of an empty window?

It may seem to me that a front desk user should be able to access the following:

- previous encounters (date, kind, with which provider)

        --> does this raise the complexity, with respect to column-level
granularity?

- current encounter -- the front desk is disallowed (in the empty encounters
list) to start a new encounter, but can use the top ribbon tool to create a new
one, but cannot change the type

- hospitalizations -- I think the front desk should be able to input the
information about a new hospitalization and arguably to be able to see that a
patient is in hospital otherwise they will be phoning the patient's home when
the patient is in the hospital. This raises the question of whether front desk
staff should be able to see the reasons for previous hospitalizations and
whether they would benefit from the overview plugin except with some zones empty

??

-- Jim