[Gnumed-devel] Concurrent connections on the same patient

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Concurrent connections on the same patient
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:09:49 +0000

was Re: [Gnumed-devel] database replication with bucardo

On 2012-06-27, at 1:33 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Exactly. Due to the nature of things (concurrent work) the
> exact order and timestamps may be somewhat different between
> databases.

I do not imagine that it will often happen that a single patient (the same
patient) will have their record worked on simultaneously in two different
replications.

I suppose it is possible, though for a patient to be getting care at one site
which is then in contact with the other site in order for some dependency to
get taken care of, whether that dependency is to update the record based on
information available at the remote site, or billing etc.

It raises in my mind the question of whether it may be useful to signal, to any
user of an instance of GNUmed, whether the currently "activated" patient is

(a) having, at the same time, one or more read-only connections from one or
more other users and
(b) being written-to by one or more other users and
(c) perhaps who are the other users working at the same time on this patient
        (because maybe some conversation among these staff could be
        helpful to the patient)

??

-- Jim