Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refreshing the active problems list within the Notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refreshing the active problems list within the Notes tab
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:24:51 +0100

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 04:26:40PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> By default, new health issues are inactive.
> >
> > Newly *entered* health issues, that is.
> >
> > Whether that's a useful default can surely be decided upon
> > among users (for which this list may serve as a medium).

[...]

> … my decision to create (input) a health issue
> associates to a likelihood to want to input some
> information in a note.

The previous idea was that we might be adding past health
issues en masse from pre-existing records. However, that's a
one-time task over adding (likely-active) issues as needed.

> My own inclination would be to default new past history /
> health issue items as Active, which allows to be unchecked
> during creation and allows to be unchecked at some later
> time if it is no longer wanted for these to appear in the
> Notes listing.

Ultimately, it seems a patient safety issue: it is safer to
err on the side of "this issue is active" than on "this
issue is inactive".

I changed the default.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de