Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:12:35 +0100

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:23:18PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Sorry for arriving late in this discussion, but is there in GNUmed (not
> online help) a place we store the active placeholders with some minimum
> description on them?

Indeed:

http://gitorious.org/gnumed/gnumed/blobs/master/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxpython/gmMacro.py

This is the place I am adding minimal documentation when
adding / modifying a placeholder.

I've been contemplating better formalizing this place such
that GNUmed can on-demand, from inside the client, produce
useful documentation on placeholders (1.3 at least allows
listing them on-demand). That would guarantuee documentation
to always be accurate with respect to any given client.

> Could we start to plan a placeholder-example-fest so we could document them
> thoroughly on help pages and tutorials?

Absolutely. This is a good place to start off:

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GmManualLettersForms

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de