Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Text expansion
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:15:36 +0000

On 2013-04-02, at 8:51 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 03:33:46PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Allow sending key strokes like tab enter and input box
>> through text expansion. This will further enhance text
>> expansion
>
> I am not sure I fully understand what you want.

I think the intention (which I agree could be useful) would be to be able to
include, in the text expansion, characters others than alphanumeric and
punctuation and, in particular, the characters for tab and new line.

What I do not know is whether the circumstances in which text expansions get
used lend themselves to uniform compatibility, in terms of whether such
characters need to be escaped.

-- Jim